Sunday, October 18, 2009

How much blind spot could cause you?

One saturday morning, we went to church for the feast of St Ignatious at 9 am at the Announciation Church, Hectorville.

after the mass, we go back to our house...and on our way back, I was drving at the left lane and wanted to go to the right lane. Not by chance, after giving signal to change lane, someone gave a big horn from the right just near my car. I did not see the car was coming cause they were in my blind spot. And what make this event even interesting, it was a police car.

So i have to pull over and stop. A police woman approached me and asked for my licence. Well you know what happen next- all the rules and regulation advise and so on..bla bla bla..comes out. She wrote down my address and phone number. Then, the final question comes out- Will you prefer to receive the ticket (summon) by post or now? I asked how much would it cost me...she said around AUD100 to AUD200. Goodness me, because of blind spot error i have to pay that much?..

Well, luckily i have my own persuasive skills and manage to get only stern warning from the officer. From that time, you could guess how will I drive in Australia.

No comments: